Salary: £20-25K (dependent on experience)
Hours: Permanent, Full time (37.5 hours)
Location: Chilworth, Southampton
Kelda Technology has developed a radical breakthrough in showering technology and was recently voted one of the Top 30 Clean Tech companies in the world. With this patented technology our client has developed, it will result in considerable reductions in water and energy usage, which is hugely attractive to both commercial and domestic users. Significant plans are in place for global growth, making this an outstanding opportunity for a Design Engineer to play a key role in the growth of this exciting organisation.
To support the design and development of new products in line with the Company’s product development plans, reporting to the Design Engineering Manager.
▪ Ensure both budgetary and time scale targets are adhered to on a project by project basis. ▪ Communicate with both internal/external business partners in the implementation and execution of engineering projects.
▪ Identification of engineering opportunities to improve business performance.
▪ Collate appropriate data, analyse and determine actions necessary to improve product performance, reliability, while reducing material cost and labour. ▪ Any other reasonable demand required by the business.
▪ Manage 2D and 3D drawing library.
▪ Experienced in 3D CAD (preferably Autodesk Inventor + Vault) and associated analytical software tools.
▪ Experience of Finite Element Analysis and rapid prototyping would be of benefit. ▪ Relevant work experience a benefit but not essential.
▪ Comfortable to work within a lab environment to prototyping and test components.
▪ Ideally degree qualified with a product design / mechanical engineering qualification.
▪ Strong engineering skill set. A working knowledge of several electronic/mechanical areas, plastics, metal, tooling and manufacturing processes.
▪ Ability to control work packages through use of supplier, internal and external facilities.
▪ The ability to work within a team environment and have the ability to use individual initiative.
▪ Confident communicator. Able to present through all mediums effectively at all levels within the business and externally.
▪ Data driven. Looking for root-cause solutions supported with facts.
▪ Capable of controlling several projects.
If you think you are suitable for this role, please send a cover letter with your application to email@example.com